We inherit every single thing from our parents. They are called genes. I have inherited things from both my mom and my dad. For example, my mom has really curly hair, my dad has straight hair, and I have straight hair so I inherited it from my dad. Sometimes though they can both have a gene and I have it like none of us have a widow's peak, so therefore I inherited it from both of my parents. We all have free ear lobes, hair on our fingers, smooth chins, and no smile dimples. For our experiment,though I didn't have any, some people might have a trait neither parent has so it is most likely a recessive gene. The dominant genes my mom has are the free ear lobes, the hair on her fingers, and the curly hair, where my dad only has free ear lobes and hair on his fingers. They mostly have recessive genes, which my mom has no widows peak, a smooth chin, and no smile dimples, and my dad has no widow's peak, straight hair, a smooth chin, and no smile dimples. It is really cool when you really get down to it, at least to me anyway.
The Oil Spill in the Gulf of Mexico
16 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment